The members of the consortium of the European research project ABraytCSPfuture (Horizon Europe), gathered on June 14th, 2023, at the University of Twente (UT) in Enschede, the Netherlands, for the project’s 1st semi-annual meeting.
The successful meeting was attended by partners both in-person and virtually. It commenced with a welcome address by Dr. Abhishek Singh, assistant professor at UT and an expert in design, modelling, and simulation of thermochemical reactors, as well as the project coordinator, Christos Agrafiotis from DLR. During the working sessions, a review of the project’s current status was conducted, with partners presenting the latest advancements in their respective work packages and establishing the work plan for the upcoming months.
Significant progress has been made in the first semester of work regarding the synthesis and evaluation of redox oxide materials powders. Additionally, the installation of specially designed equipment to assess the cyclic performance of these structures under conditions resembling those found in concentrated solar power applications is close to completion.
Furthermore, preliminary computational models have been developed to study the techno-economic impact of the ABraytCSPfuture concept. These models, along with life cycle assessment, will provide valuable insights into the potential practical implications of the project.
The meeting concluded with an interaction with the Project Officer (PO) on behalf of CINEA with the partners providing an update of the project’s progress so far and the PO input on approaches towards resolving managerial issues.
The project consortium consists of the following organisations:
- DLR – DEUTSCHES ZENTRUM FUR LUFT (Germany) – PROJECT COORDINATOR
- CERTH – ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS (Greece)
- UT – UNIVERSITEIT TWENTE (Netherlands)
- CENER – NATIONAL RENEWABLE ENERGY CENTRE OF SPAIN (Spain)
- TEKNIKER – FUNDACIÓN TEKNIKER (Spain)
- FHG – FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT (Germany)
- OPRA – OPRA ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS (Netherlands)
- KRAFTBLOCK – KRAFTBLOCK GMBH (Germany)
- LANDSON – LANDSON EMISSION TECHNOLOGIES (Denmark)
- COBRA – COBRA INSTALACIONES Y SERVICIOS (Spain)
This project is funded by the European Union’s Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101084569.